Above a temperature of approx. 75°C on the power board (corresponds to 65–72°C outside on the back cover), the power part of the controller switches off and the error bit is set (see objects 1001h and 1003h). After cooling down and confirming the error (see table for the controlword, "Fault reset"), the controller again functions normally.
The following temperature test results provide information on the temperature behavior of the motor.
- Operating voltage: 48 V DC
- Motor current: 9.5 A (PD4-C)/14 A (PD4-CB80)/6.5 A (PD4-CB87) rms
- Operation mode: Velocity Mode, full step, 30 rpm, open loop
- Ambient temperature: 25 °C / 45 °C
- Altitude of site: 500 m above sea level
- No external cooling in the climatic chamber, e.g., via fan