Many objects in the object dictionary can be saved and then automatically reloaded the next time the controller is switched on or reset. Furthermore, the saved values are also retained following a firmware update.
Only entire collections of objects (referred to in the following as categories) can be saved together; individual objects cannot be saved.
- Communication: Parameters related to external interfaces, such as PDO configuration etc.
- Application: Parameters related to operating modes.
- User: Parameters that are written and read by the customer/user only and are ignored by the controller firmware.
- Movement: Parameters related to the motor and the sensors (BLDC/Stepper, Closed/Open Loop…). Some are set and saved by auto setup.
- Tuning: Parameters related to motor and encoder that are set either by auto setup or that can be found in the data sheets, e.g., pole pairs and maximum current.
If an object is not assigned one of these categories, it cannot be saved, e.g., statusword and all objects whose value is dependent on the current state of the controller.
The objects in each category are listed below. In chapter Description of the object dictionary, the corresponding category for each object is also specified.
- 1600h: Receive PDO 1 Mapping Parameter
- 1601h: Receive PDO 2 Mapping Parameter
- 1602h: Receive PDO 3 Mapping Parameter
- 1603h: Receive PDO 4 Mapping Parameter
- 1A00h: Transmit PDO 1 Mapping Parameter
- 1A01h: Transmit PDO 2 Mapping Parameter
- 1A02h: Transmit PDO 3 Mapping Parameter
- 1A03h: Transmit PDO 4 Mapping Parameter
- 1C12h: Sync Manager PDO Assignment
- 1C13h: Sync Manager PDO Assignment
- 2102h: Fieldbus Module Control
- 2034h: Upper Voltage Warning Level
- 2035h: Lower Voltage Warning Level
- 2036h: Open Loop Current Reduction Idle Time
- 2037h: Open Loop Current Reduction Value/factor
- 2038h: Brake Controller Timing
- 203Ah: Homing On Block Configuration
- 203Dh: Torque Window
- 203Eh: Torque Window Time Out
- 203Fh: Max Slippage Time Out
- 2056h: Limit Switch Tolerance Band
- 2057h: Clock Direction Multiplier
- 2058h: Clock Direction Divider
- 205Bh: Clock Direction Or Clockwise/Counter Clockwise Mode
- 2084h: Bootup Delay
- 2300h: NanoJ Control
- 2410h: NanoJ Init Parameters
- 2800h: Bootloader And Reboot Settings
- 3210h: Motor Drive Parameter Set
- 3212h: Motor Drive Flags
- 3221h: Analogue Inputs Control
- 3240h: Digital Inputs Control
- 3241h: Digital Input Capture
- 3242h: Digital Input Routing
- 3243h: Digital Input Homing Capture
- 3250h: Digital Outputs Control
- 3252h: Digital Output Routing
- 3321h: Analogue Input Offset
- 3322h: Analogue Input Pre-scaling
- 3700h: Deviation Error Option Code
- 4013h: HW Configuration
- 4015h: Special Drive Modes
- 6040h: Controlword
- 6042h: Vl Target Velocity
- 6046h: Vl Velocity Min Max Amount
- 6048h: Vl Velocity Acceleration
- 6049h: Vl Velocity Deceleration
- 604Ah: Vl Velocity Quick Stop
- 604Ch: Vl Dimension Factor
- 605Ah: Quick Stop Option Code
- 605Bh: Shutdown Option Code
- 605Ch: Disable Option Code
- 605Dh: Halt Option Code
- 605Eh: Fault Option Code
- 6060h: Modes Of Operation
- 6065h: Following Error Window
- 6066h: Following Error Time Out
- 6067h: Position Window
- 6068h: Position Window Time
- 606Dh: Velocity Window
- 606Eh: Velocity Window Time
- 6071h: Target Torque
- 6072h: Max Torque
- 607Ah: Target Position
- 607Bh: Position Range Limit
- 607Ch: Home Offset
- 607Dh: Software Position Limit
- 607Eh: Polarity
- 607Fh: Max Profile Velocity
- 6081h: Profile Velocity
- 6082h: End Velocity
- 6083h: Profile Acceleration
- 6084h: Profile Deceleration
- 6085h: Quick Stop Deceleration
- 6086h: Motion Profile Type
- 6087h: Torque Slope
- 6091h: Gear Ratio
- 6092h: Feed Constant
- 6096h: Velocity Factor
- 6097h: Acceleration Factor
- 6098h: Homing Method
- 6099h: Homing Speed
- 609Ah: Homing Acceleration
- 60A2h: Jerk Factor
- 60A4h: Profile Jerk
- 60A8h: SI Unit Position
- 60A9h: SI Unit Velocity
- 60B0h: Position Offset
- 60B1h: Velocity Offset
- 60B2h: Torque Offset
- 60C1h: Interpolation Data Record
- 60C2h: Interpolation Time Period
- 60C4h: Interpolation Data Configuration
- 60C5h: Max Acceleration
- 60C6h: Max Deceleration
- 60E8h: Additional Gear Ratio - Motor Shaft Revolutions
- 60E9h: Additional Feed Constant - Feed
- 60EDh: Additional Gear Ratio - Driving Shaft Revolutions
- 60EEh: Additional Feed Constant - Driving Shaft Revolutions
- 60F2h: Positioning Option Code
- 60F8h: Max Slippage
- 60FEh: Digital Outputs
- 60FFh: Target Velocity
- 2701h: Customer Storage Area
- 2030h: Pole Pair Count
- 2031h: Maximum Current
- 203Bh: I2t Parameters
- 2059h: Encoder Configuration
- 33A0h: Feedback Incremental A/B/I 1
- 33B4h: SSI Encoder Multi Turn
- 6075h: Motor Rated Current
- 6080h: Max Motor Speed
- 608Fh: Position Encoder Resolution
- 6090h: Velocity Encoder Resolution
- 60E6h: Additional Position Encoder Resolution - Encoder Increments
- 60EBh: Additional Position Encoder Resolution - Motor Revolutions
Starting the save process
- The motor must be at a standstill during the save process and may not be started up while saving.
- Saving may take a few seconds. Under no circumstances may you interrupt the voltage supply while saving. The state of the saved objects is otherwise undefined.
- Always wait until the controller has signaled that the save process has been successfully completed with the value "1" in the corresponding subindex in object 1010h.
There is a subindex in object 1010h for each category. To save all objects of this category, the value "65766173h" must be written in the subindex. 1 The controller signals the end of the save process by overwriting the value with a "1".
The following table shows which subindex of object 1010h is responsible for which category.
|01h||All categories with the exception of 06h (Tuning)|
Discarding the saved data
|01h||All categories (reset to factory settings) with the exception of 06h (Tuning)|
The saved objects are subsequently discarded; the change does not take effect until after the controller is restarted. You can restart the controller by entering the value "746F6F62h" in 2800h:01h.
- Objects of category 06h (Tuning) are determined by Auto setup and are not reset when resetting to factory settings with subindex 01h (thereby making it unnecessary to again perform an auto setup). You can reset these objects with subindex 06h.
Verifying the configuration
Object 1020h can be used to verify the configuration. It acts as a modification marker similar to common text editors: as soon as a file is modified in the editor, a marker (usually an asterisk) is added.
- An external tool or master configures the controller.
- The tool or master sets the value in object 1020h.
- The tool or master activates the saving of all objects 1010h:01h = 65766173h. The date and time in object 1020h are also saved.
1702257011d or the ASCII string
1684107116d or the ASCII string